Thoughout the year, we at Middle Street Baptist Church gather for various activities, including:
Special Lenten Services Include:
• Maundy Thursday Communion
• Community Good Friday Services
• Easter Sunrise Service at the Beach
• Spring Garden Fair - May
• Children's Day Program - June
• Annual Pancake Breakfast on Market Square Day - June
• Christian Camping for all ages at Camp Sentinel in
• Red Sleigh Christmas Bazaar - Saturday before
• Living Nativity - December
• Christmas Eve (Carol and Candle Lighting Service)
"O sing to the Lord a new song; Sing to the Lord, all the earth. Sing to the Lord, bless His name; tell of His salvation from day to day!" -Psalm 96:1
Truly our music each Sunday is an expression of prayer and praise to God! We are so blessed to have an abundance of gifts in worship and invite all who love to sing or play an instrument to be part of our services. The possibilities are endless, and here are some to consider:
Kids Choir with Mrs. Kirkham meets Sunday mornings at 9:15 AM before worship and sings once a month.
Adult Choir meets Sundays at 9:00 AM and Thursdays 6:00-7:30 PM, singing monthly.
Why not give it a try? No experience necessary, we are flexible with family schedules, and rehearsals are full of laughter, great singing, and fun!
Instrumental music in every form makes our worship experience special, and this year we've added a contemporary music ensemble which explores everything from traditional songs and praise choruses, to spirituals and Christian Rock. If you play, or think you can learn to play simple guitar chords or drums, or have been thinking about pulling out your old flute or clarinet etc., or can really belt (or sing) out a tune vocally, then consider being part of this ensemble - we'll make it fun and accessible for all!
• Salvation Army Soup Kitchen
• Canned Food Drive
• Projects with Operation Blessing, Cross Roads House
• Mission work trips
• Salvation Army Red Kettle Collections
• International Medical Equipment Collaboratice
• Mission Fair
Our building is periodically used by Red Cross Blood Mobile, Community Concerts, AA
and other community programs